MECHANICAL / DESIGN ENGINEER
We currently have an exceptional opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer in our Norwell office.
REQUIRED: Applicants must submit a cover letter with their resume that clearly explains their registration status and indicates their education and/or experience in HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection within the building industry. Experience within these categories may vary, but the primary role of this position is in the area of HVAC, with some plumbing, and minor fire protection.
- Strong work ethic
- Goal Driven
- Review record drawings and perform field investigations to completely understand existing mechanical systems.
- Design Development including system design and contract documentation, construction cost estimating, project management to coordinate design with work of other trades, with a focus on constructability, construction phasing, energy efficiency, and other project requirements.
- Review and comment on project-related documentation including shop drawings, product submittals and RFIs.
- Perform field construction administration.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to size and select equipment & materials.
- Experience in the area of HVAC, HVAC controls, plumbing and fire protection design.
- Experience with AutoCAD and other HVAC specific programs.
- Energy Modeling
Education and Experience
- Current registration as a Professional Engineer or have passed the FE exam and ability to achieve registration within 1 year.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an ABET-accredited program
- Minimum 5 years experience in mechanical engineering (HVAC & Plumbing).
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in designing systems for existing buildings is a major asset.
- Field and construction review experience.
- Ability to become registered as a Mechanical PE in multiple states.
- Must have valid driver's license
- Ability to travel by car to multiple project sites.
- Ability to climb ladders and crouch under obstacles.