ELECTRICAL / DESIGN ENGINEER
We currently have an exceptional opportunity for a Electrical Engineer in our Norwell office.
REQUIRED: Applicants must submit a cover letter with their resume that clearly explains their registration status and indicates their education and/or experience in Electrical Engineering within the building industry.
- Strong work ethic
- Goal Driven
- Review record drawings and perform field investigations to completely understand existing electrical systems.
- Design Development including system design and contract documentation, construction cost estimating, project management to coordinate design with work of other trades, a focus on constructability, construction phasing, energy efficiency, and other project requirements.
- Review and comment on project-related documentation including shop drawings, product submittals, and RFIs.
- Perform field construction administration.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in the area of building power distribution, lighting and controls, telecommunications, fire alarm and other systems.
- Experience with AutoCAD.
- Understanding of the National Electrical Code and other NFPA codes.
Education and Experience
- Current registration as a Professional Engineer or have passed the FE exam and ability to achieve registration within 1 year.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an ABET-accredited program
- Minimum 5 years experience in electrical engineering.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in designing systems for existing buildings is a major asset.
- Field and construction review experience.
- Ability to become registered as a Electrical PE in multiple states.
- Ability to travel by car to multiple project sites.
- Ability to climb ladders and crouch under obstacles.
- Must have valid driver's license.